Statistical data and metadata exchange (SDMX)
ISO/TS 17369 was originally published in 2005 as Technical Specification. It specifies a way for Statistical Data and Metadata Exchange (SDMX) in six sections covering the following topics:
- Framework for SDMX standards;
- SDMX information model;
- SDMX-ML schema and documentation;
- SDMX-EDI syntax and documentation;
- an implementer’s guide for SDMX; and
- SDMX guidelines for the use of web services.
The revision is to extend to include services-oriented exchange architecture and more complete metadata functionality and to convert the document into an International Standard. The revision builds on the existing ISO/TS 17369 and implementations associated with changes proposed for Version 2 in November 2005 via www.sdmx.org. A disposition log of public comments has been maintained.